Protecting your privacy is important to us. We hope that the following statement will help you to understand how Venture Holidays collects, uses and safeguards the personal information that you provide to us directly, through a third party, and through our Website. Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, Venture Holidays will only collect and use your personal information as set out below.
- What Information Do We Collect
- How We Collect The Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties.
- Access & Correction of Information We Hold About You
- Changes to This Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how Venture Holidays protects the privacy of your personal information under National privacy principles. It will apply to any personal information that you provide to us when enquiring, or making a booking with us irrespective of whether the enquiry or booking is made through a third party such as a travel agent or airline, or directly with us by telephone, facsimile, e-mail or through our Website.
What Information do we Collect
The types of personal information that we collect from you is purely for the collation of information in relation to the travel arrangements requested, and covers those which are required by our suppliers as well as ourselves. This information may include such details as your name, age, sex, address, telephone & facsimile numbers, E-mail address, flights, passport details, hotel requirements and other travel details. Debit/credit card numbers, date of expiry, Frequent Flyer numbers or other loyalty programme details may be collected.
Where there are dietary or medical requirements which need the provision of “sensitive information” we will assume that you have consented to the collection of the information in accordance with this statement, unless you tell us otherwise
How We Collect the Information
The information provided by you, may be collected through your originating travel agent or airline, or directly by us by telephone, facsimile, e-mail, personal contact, or through our website.
From time to time we may contract market research companies to obtain information for us, so that we may improve our products and services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:-
- To process your flight reservations, hotel, transfer, and sightseeing requirements as requested by you.
- To provide adequate insurance protection
- To facilitate your participation in Airline and other Loyalty Programmes.
- To accept payment of services by debit/credit card.
- To ensure that service providers are aware of any dietary or medical requirements.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, as follows:-
- Service providers including airlines, hotels, sightseeing companies etc irrespective of whether they be located in Australia or overseas, if it is required for the provision of the service.
- We may disclose personal information to Loyalty Programmes as required by them to provide service to you.
- To Insurance Companies for the provision of travel and other related insurance
- To various law enforcement agencies and governments for security, customs and immigration purposes
Other than the above we will not disclose your personal information without your consent, unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorized or required by law, or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity
Access & Correction of Information We Hold About You
We will, on request, provide to you the information that we hold about you. Please contact us by Telephone (08) 8238 4511 Facsimile (08) 8211 7393 or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We will endeavour to make available to you a copy of your information within 14 days. If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and we will amend it accordingly.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Statement will be updated on www.ventureholidays.com.au, so please visit our website periodically to ensure that you have our most current privacy statement.
Issued Oct 31, 2004
Share this page: