Please read these Booking Conditions carefully as they form the basis upon which bookings are accepted by Venture Holidays.
- This brochure is valid to 31 March 2017. This brochure should be used as a guide only.
- Prices are based on currency exchange rates effective October 2015 and are subject to change without notice. All products in this brochure are presented in Australian Dollars and are GST free unless otherwise indicated.
- “From” Prices: the expression “from” with respect to a price means the lowest per adult price for the Travel Product we believe is available at the time of publication, based on information we have received from Suppliers.
- Please refer to your travel consultant at the time of booking and at the time of final payment for full details of any updated pricing or changed transfer, tour or accommodation details.
- Please read your travel documents when you receive them to ensure that you are getting what you asked and paid for. It is important that you discuss any queries you have with your travel consultant immediately, or at least before you travel.
- We know how important it is to have a good night’s sleep when travelling, so we ask that you understand that the ‘Bedding Guide’ is provided as a guide only, which may change, subject to room availability, renovations other circumstances. Prices in this brochure are based on existing bedding. Additional bedding may be either a bed or a fold up ‘rollaway’ or a convertible settee. Room requests (eg interconnecting, twin versus double bedding, non-smoking rooms etc) can be requested, but Not Guaranteed.
- Maps are included to assist you in setting your tour itinerary and may be representative only. Photographs of hotel rooms and vistas etc are included to assist you in selecting your hotel and tours and maybe representative only.
- We make every effort to keep the hotel descriptions and touring information up to date. Please be aware that a hotel may not have kept us up to date with their renovation plans. This is unlikely, but where it does occur from time to time we will make every endeavour to ensure that you receive the equivalent of what you requested. Please note that if you have a problem with your hotel,
transfer or tour, in the first instance you should contact the hotel front office manager or local tour operator. If you are still not satisfied, please contact your travel consultant for further advice.
BOOKING and PAYING
- Your travel consultant is your main point of contact and is the person responsible for correctly interpreting your travel requirements, providing travel advice, collecting your money for your booked travel, and providing you with your travel documents. Please make sure that you are fully aware of what you are paying for before you pay your deposit and/or final payment.
- A deposit of $165 per adult ($55 per child) is payable to your travel consultant within 7 days of confirmation, to secure a booking. A further deposit may be required by the hotel, tour operator, cruise line or other principal. Please note that a deposited booking holds services but does not guarantee prices.
- The balance is payable 45 days before your departure from Australia immediately on confirmation if booked within this period. If you pay late the booking may be cancelled and your deposit forfeited if deadlines are missed. Please consult your travel consultant for any special airfare conditions.
- If you request a change of name, tour, hotel or travel date an amendment fee of $55 per booking will apply. If travel documents have been issued, the fee will be $75 per file, plus any applicable airline ticket reissue fees.
- Amendments within 45 days of departure may result in operator cancellation fees, inability to confirm and/or delays in receipt of travel documentation.
- Where possible, we will accept late bookings within 7 days of departure, but please understand that this will be subject to the availability of accommodation, tours and flights. Full payment is required at time of booking if you book within 7 days of departure.
- If you choose to pay for your holiday with a credit card, a credit card processing fee will be added to the total amount of the booking. The current credit card processing fees on any payments made by credit card are 1.2% for Mastercard and Visa and 2.8% for American Express. Please check for any variations to this at time of payment.
- ALL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE PRIOR TO FINAL PAYMENT.
If you cancel or terminate your travel booking with us at any time after confirmation, it will attract a $165 per adult ($55 per child) cancellation fee. In addition to this fee, there may be additional cancellation fees charged by the hotel, tour operator, cruise line, airline or other principal. This can amount to up to 100% of your total booking, particularly when cancelling tours and other arrangements within 45 days of departure. No refund can be guaranteed for cancellations after the tour has commenced or in respect of any tours, accommodation, meals or any other services not
utilised. Credit Offers cannot be refunded or taken as cash.
If we have to cancel or substantially change your travel booking because of events outside of our control (this is very rare), we will, where possible, offer you an alternative of a similar standard. If you do not accept the alternative, we will refund in full any monies already paid for those arrangements.
HEALTH and IMMIGRATION
You are responsible for all visa, passport, immigration, quarantine, customs, health and other requirements of the countries visited or transited. Passports must have at least 6 months’ validity from the date of your return to Australia. The Australian Government has many travel advisories in place, for the latest details refer to www.smartraveller.gov.au.
If you are not sure of your responsibilities, ask your travel consultant.
It is recommended that you consider purchasing a travel insurance policy before you travel. Travel insurance should cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation, loss of property, cancellation fees etc and is essential for anyone travelling outside of Australia. Overseas medical costs are expensive and not covered by Australian medical insurance. Your travel consultant can assist in purchasing appropriate travel insurance for your destination. The Australian Government has provided information regarding the need for adequate insurance including some case studies, refer to http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au/insurance/
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Generally speaking, you are responsible for anything not specifically included in your holiday package, which would mean things like:
- Airfares and associated taxes and fuel surcharges (unless otherwise stated).
- Costs of passports or visas.
- Meals other than those specified in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal items such as phone calls, laundry, drinks, room service etc.
- Sightseeing other than specified in the itinerary, airport taxes (paid locally) and Government taxes other than on accommodation.
- Any costs in Australia.
- Travel Insurance.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
We, Clenton Pty Ltd t/as Venture Holidays (ABN 40 101 240 036), have packaged and presented tours, transfers and accommodation in this brochure for sale in Australia. In our opinion, we have provided information and pricing in this brochure which is correct at the time of printing, and also goods and services of merchantable quality. We do not own or operate services in our own right, acting only as booking agent for our service providers, and thus we are not responsible for these services. Bookings are subject to the terms, conditions and limitation of liabilities imposed by
these service providers. We do not accept liability whatsoever for injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses caused directly or indirectly by events which are beyond our control and jurisdiction, including but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, acts of God, acts of government or of any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action. It is important that you are satisfied that your travel consultant has fully and clearly explained to you what goods or services you are receiving. To the extent permitted by law,
we exclude all liability for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to physical and psychological injury, and loss or damage to property of whatever nature) arising out of or in any way connected with the offer or supply of goods or services by us or any third parties. If you believe that you did not receive what you requested and paid for, and you are requesting a refund, you must inform your travel consultant about the problem in writing as soon as possible after the problem has occurred. If the law implies a condition or warranty that cannot be excluded, our
liability will be limited to the re-supply or the payment of the cost of re-supplying the relevant goods or services.
Venture Holidays is ATAS accredited, a member of the International Air Transport Association (“IATA”) and the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (“AFTA”).
LAW and JURISDICTION
These Booking Conditions are governed by the laws of South Australia and any action arising under them, or in any way connected with the holiday, may be brought only in a court in South Australia, subject to any law which is expressly inconsistent with this.
Share this page: